ArcMap lets you create and interact with maps. In ArcMap, you can:
- view, edit, and analyze your geographic data.
- query your spatial data to find and understand relationships among geographic features.
- symbolize your data in a wide variety of ways.
- create charts and reports to communicate your understanding with others.
- lay out your maps in a what-you-see-is-what-youget layout view.
- create maps that integrate data in a wide variety of formats including shapefiles, coverages, tables, computer-aided drafting (CAD) drawings, images, grids, and triangulated irregular networks (TINs).
In this tutorial, you will get to know the user interface of ArcMap 10 and be familiar with its different window parts and functions.